About the jobWe are looking for an experienced visual designer to join our UX practice within our digital experience design team. We are looking for excited individuals to help improve peoples’ lives (at work) and achieve clear business goals. Our users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs (within an already complex industry) and so their tools must provide benefits without adding to that complexity. As a design team, we delve into the problem-space by leveraging any one of the various technique’s designers have for finding insights that others can’t. And with those insights, we also guide the products’ evolution. To that end, our designers must be part inventor, part craftsman but most of all, makers.
Operating similar to an internal agency, we’ll take on a good variety of business-critical projects where design is a necessary part of the solution. In the design team, our role is to drive an agenda of innovation by helping identify and evolve the best ideas and then partnering up with our skilled team of data scientists, engineers, and investment experts to figure out the best path to success.
The Visual Designer (VD) role is an integral part of the team. Our VDs are co-owners of the design and identity of our next-generation, bespoke, multi-channel applications. VDs develop the design effort for applications that are dynamic, information and data rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends (e.g. data science, block chain, and new application frameworks). Other responsibilities of VDs include the following:
- Create and evolve the visual design language for the products we work on while maintaining awareness of the larger ecosystem of product and design standards
- Help establish a culture of design within the group and among our stakeholders
- Collaborate with our cross disciplinary teams to transform requirements into compelling designs that fulfill on the promise of the product
- Ensure your proposed designs are specified with the required level of detail (in the form of red-lines and assets) to guide the process of design and development
- Take an active role in the quality assurance throughout development and deployment
- Actively support efforts to codify preferred and industry-appropriate design standards
Candidates Should Also Have The Following Qualifications And Experiences
- Be a trained Graphic Designer / Information Designer who balances expertise in ‘craft’ with an academic interest in the relevant fields of Design (theories of visual perception and cognition, among other things)
- Leverages design skills, and awareness of the user and business goals, to imagine, illustrate, and help realize compelling functional interfaces
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- A team player with a positive attitude. You enjoy collaborating with others to achieve design goals. Comfortable taking and giving feedback to provide the best design solutions.
- Can skillfully represent the visual design discipline, within a multi-disciplinary product team, when presenting to stakeholders, sponsors, and critics
- Enjoys new design challenges including those involving complex information, data visualizations, and interactivity
- Must be able to maintain healthy relationships with our business and technology partners
- Comfortable employing skills across all stages of the design and development process including conception, design, standardization, specification, and enforcement
- Is curious and resourceful and with that, able to learn and operate within the complex business domains of the company
- Is detail oriented and always concerned about the end products
- Be an exceptional multi-tasker who’s quick and organized
- You stay up to date on the latest design trends and applications
- A proven track record creating design languages for an interaction-complex applications, sites, mobile et. al.
- A strong portfolio of work emphasizing depth of experience with graphic and information design for interactive products/sites, and where possible data visualization.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a professional capacity as a visual designer on highly interactive and data rich applications
- Experience in Sketch or Figma is needed
- Experience of responsive design
Bachelor’s Degree in Design with emphasis in one or more of the following:
Digital Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.