About the jobJob Title Product Designer
Based Either in our London office, or remotely anywhere in the UK
Salary Up to £40k
The company and our mission
BridgeU was founded with the belief that talent is equally distributed across the globe, but opportunity is not. We take pride in helping students discover and explore the best pathways available to them – wherever those opportunities may be. We help universities to discover and attract the schools and students that will contribute to their vibrant, diverse and successful programs and courses.
In the fast-changing world of education, and in the ‘new normal’ in the wake of Covid-19, we believe BridgeU has never been more important to help students, schools and universities discover new opportunities globally and connect at a distance.
Today, BridgeU is the market leading provider of university and careers guidance software to international and globally-minded secondary schools. BridgeU is proud to work with secondary schools in over 300 cities across 119 countries. And, we partner with a quickly-growing number of leading universities, currently in 8 countries, to connect recruitment and admissions teams to the largest community of international schools available on one platform.
BridgeU has the approach and pace of a start-up, where there are always opportunities to try something new and grow, with, since early 2020, the support and stability of being part of Kaplan International, part of one of the world’s largest and most diverse education providers.
Who you’ll be working with
Our teammates are talented people that come from a variety of backgrounds. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture based on trust and kindness, which creates a good work environment that helps enrich the product and service we provide to our customers.
We currently have offices in London, Madrid and Hong Kong as well as fully remote employees. Since March 2020, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, BridgeU’s whole team has become a fully remote workforce, and we are aiming to continue a remote-first culture even when our offices do re-open. This role could be office-based or fully remote, based in the UK.
In normal times, we aim for team members to travel regularly between our offices to have face-to-face time with other team members to bond, work together and have some fun, and we’re aiming to get back to this in a post-Covid world as soon as feasible. In the meantime, we’ve been socialising, playing games, hosting quizzes, and other things, online so that we stay connected to one another.
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently on the lookout for a talented Product Designer to join our growing team and work on some highly impactful projects, from transformational changes to our core product, to developing brand new exciting BridgeU products we are bringing to market!
Embedded into our product engineering teams, our Product Designers are responsible for creating and defining the user experience we offer across the BridgeU product landscape.
The Product Designer role at BridgeU is primarily a generalist role, practicing a wealth of UX/UCD disciplines from research, to insight & data gathering and interpretation, to design and validation of concepts.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you’ll have the opportunity to work within and help build out a flourishing Product Design faculty, focused on UX/UCD best practice, with the opportunity to learn from our team of experienced Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineers, experiencing how product design is done at a fast-growing, scale up/start up.
What you’ll be doing…
Day to day you’ll spend your time
- Developing a deep understanding of our users’ needs by conducting user research on both micro and macro scales.
- Working closely with other designers and Product managers, crafting user flows, prototyping and validating concepts and designs, iterating on them and testing with real users.
- Utilising existing and contributing new, scalable, elegant design patterns to our design system, and using them to realise your solutions.
- Understanding the value of your work by working with others to set metrics, track measures of success and inform design iteration based on outcomes.
- Being part of a Product Design team that is integrated with our agile product development lifecycle, working closely with our Customer Support and Marketing teams on a regular basis and seeking opportunities to increase the impact and reach of user centred design across the BridgeU platform and its users.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years experience working in UX/Product Design roles for SaaS (Software as a Service) product/s.
- Experience in conducting research, insight and analytics data gathering and making use of it in your design process.
- Experience in user testing your prototypes and interpreting feedback to inform iteration.
- A portfolio which shows your end to end UCD/UX/ Product design process, showing your research, design and validation and skills, with examples of problem solving.
- The ability to articulate your design decisions and process.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Salary of up to £40k
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Early finish Fridays over the summer
- Employer’s pension scheme
- Opportunities for flexible working hours, encouraging everyone to have a healthy work-life balance
- Frequent company funded socials and events
- Investment into your professional development and opportunities for career progression
- A comfortable and covid-secure office in Angel, London, for those who wish to be office-based (or the option to be fully remote)
- Access to confidential counselling as well as financial and legal advice from our Employee Assistance Programme
- We let our teammates invest time to learn new things to apply to their work that can benefit the product and the community with fortnightly “investment days”.
- Allowance for home office supplies
- Annual offsite we organise a retreat once a year where the whole company gets together (this took place remotely this year).
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach.
We are always looking to diversify the talent in our team and with that in mind would encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, marriage or civil partnership.