Shazam / Music Apps Product Designer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Music is part of Apple’s DNA, and on the Music team, we’re passionate about empowering artists and helping them connect with their fans. Shazam brings a unique brand of musical magic to millions every day. Hundreds of millions of users. Billions of moments of discovery and surprise. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. As a Product Designer at Shazam, you will be passionate about Music and supporting Artists, big and small. You will collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers to design, develop and deploy innovative new products that change the way users discover and experience music. The role is located in our London office.
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong, clean visual design sense, valuing innovation, beautiful simplicity and smart consistency (please add link with your resume)
- Experience across all phases of the product design process, from ideation, user research, prototyping, and pixel perfect implementation
- Strong understanding of Design languages across multiple platforms, including all Apple products as well as Android and Webvv
- Familiarity with Design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Principle (or similar) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally, working in a fast-paced yet highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills: You should be able to articulate your design thinking and decisions to varying audience
- Understanding and ability to apply Shazam’s visual aesthetic, tone of voice, and interactions
In this position you will be working on both exciting greenfield product development projects within the music domain, and designing new functionality into existing products with hundreds of millions of users. We want you to help us design and ship beautiful features that our users love, from small improvements to big groundbreaking innovations.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar preferred. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.